Seven People You’ll Meet in Heaven:
what they teach you about transforming your world for God
Webster-Smith: The Woman Who Opened Doors
“When you hear her laugh, you can never say she was born ‘religious’.”—Russell T. Hitt
Proverbs 4:12 "As thou goest step by step I will open up thy way before thee."
Focus: You change the world by following Christ one step at a time.
2. Taking the first step
--Be prepared to wrestle with God over the direction of your life.
--God has prepared your path before you.
3. Focusing on the journey
--You are called to be a fence and not an ambulance.
1 Corinthians 9:22
--The Lord will train you on the job.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
4. Finding the open way
--God never arrives late in your life.
--Let God build your house.
5. --Ask if you have wrestle with God over the direction of your life right now. The temptation is to know where He is leading other people, not where He is leading you.
--Determine a job God wants for you right now and engage in on the job training.
--Where can you serve as a fence right now?
--Ask God to give you patience in a place you are waiting right now.
--Evaluate what is being built in your life right now. Who is doing the building, you or God?
1. What is a trip you took that meant a lot to you?
2. When you look at the world, what needs do you see?
3. Read Proverbs 4:12
4. According to this verse, what action is taking place as God reveals each step?
5. What does the verse mean by “steps”?
6. What does it mean for God to open the way?
7. What steps does someone need to become a Christian?
8. What steps should one take after becoming a Christian?
9. How does one determine what steps God wants them to take in their Christian walk?
10. What steps do you need to be taking right now?
11. What way is God possibly opening for you?
Dr. Gary VanDeWalker, Evangelical Free Church of Mount Shasta, February 2, 2009, Message 6 of 7.